?

?

Friday, March 5, 2010

Back in Deming

blaa...blaa....blaa....here I are.

After leaving the Fortuna Pond in Yuma Arizona two days ago, the place where I were catch'n all them fish using Power Bait from Walmart for bout $3.36 a jar, I am back in Deming where there is still traces of snow on the Florida mountains...pronounced Flo-ree-duh...for flower.

Thought I were gonna freeze to death last night at the Arizona Texas Canyun rest area just a scant 20 mile from Benson, Arizona on Interstate 10. Why it's called Texas Canyun I have no idea since Texas is in Texas. But anyhows....I slept on the couch last night so's I could see all the big rigs pull in and listen to them run their freak'n engines all night long. Had to crank up the Mr Heater on high speed a couple times 'cause I were cold. Still skeered to have it on while I'm sleep'n, even though I had a window cracked 4 inches. Was a chilly 36 degs when I got up to make coffee....coldest I been in 4 months.

Old pesky neighbor Wayne come out weren't 2 minutes after I pulled in....great big grin on his face....like he done licked a cats butt....or something like that. Backed "Sally da house" in her spot first try....will wonders never cease? Got everything all hook up and cook'n with gas. Had a nice sit on "da porch" with a fresh cup o'. Boy howdy, did I ever miss "da porch". Damn, it's windy out here....and only 64 degs.

8 comments:

  1. All 3 times Ive been in Demming its been windy. how about a wind geni? surely it would do well there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Haww.. back safe anyway, if not warm!!! Hug ole Wayne for us and take some time and settle in. THEN get down to WalMart and see if they rememmber you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OGT...I suppose the reason ya don't see wind gens in Deming is that they don't make bearings that could withstand the high rev's in 70 mph winds....or they just blow off the poles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it back to Demming in one piece..Be Glad your heater works..Hugs Viv

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can Wayne not be smiling? He has his golfing buddy back :-)

    Lol, I get a kick out of all the shameless plugs you give Walmart!!

    Just out of curiosity have you ever used dry ice to preserve your fish?

    Glad you made it back to Deming safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MsB....Ya know how much I love Walmart!!! It's a "SUPER" store...got everything from 4x4's to illicit drugs.

    I have no intention of "preserving" my fish....I'm gonna eat 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would almost buy you one of those mallard high wind units from mikes windmill shop to see how well it would do there.

    Just a thought, but I love stopping in Demming when I cross country. It has a real small town feel to it. The old downt town looks like it did long time back.
    Wonders though, how many of those nice little mom and pop stores Walmart shut down when it came to town? he he he

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, we still have a lot of mom and pop stores around here, however most of them are of the spanish variety. There are a couple of them that in my humble opinion are cheaper and have fresher produce than wally world. At least their maters are sorta ripe.

    ReplyDelete