?

?

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A day of rest....maybe

If all goes as planned, old Billy Bob gonna take the day off.

Inspiration comes in many shapes and forms. I have been dis-inspirationed for a few weeks now and get'n back to my normal routine has been hard. The few comments I receive and little pokes from old Uncle Ben inspires me to take a few minutes from time to time to update my blog. It ain't easy, ya know.

Nick (I) asked me a question that needs to be answered. He is just a kid in my eyes, younger than my oldest son, and he has listened to this old fart before, so he knows, when Billy Bob speaks, he know what he talk'n bout. He says..."how you know how to make that motor run like that"? Twenty five years, the difference in our age, makes all the difference in the world. It's called experience, mak'n stuff, listening, hands on, trial and error, confidence, research and learning. At his age, I would have asked the same question, and probably did of some old fart that "fix's" stuff. Old folks aren't dumb and senile. They are a wealth of information. Nick, keep on just like you are....one day a young wipper snapper gonna ask you too. In the mean time, you are doing just fine.

Yesterday we took the pontoon boat to Lake Wedowee in Alabama, bout 60 mile from Camp Roberto. We put in at the boat ramp where all the little red flags on the map showed where the fish live. None were home. Was a great day on the water, sat on my brand spank'n new fish pole an brock it slap in the middle. Ya see, there was a reason for that, I was fish'n with 3 poles, out the back of the boat....each pole for different circumstances. Deep water, shallow water and an ugly worm....no live worms were harmed. If ya ain't got the picture yet, when ya go fish'n with my son, ya gonna be in all three places at the same time. The boy don't "no nuttin" bout bass fish'n.

7 comments:

  1. Got to agree with you on that BB,, we learned by watching our dads, uncles, and granddads, and a LOT of trial and error. There ain't no internet site or IPhone app for the hands on , knuckle busting work huh?

    and WHAT? No report on the hunt for renewing your license on " that Jeep"? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me think of some things that I had said before to someone when you answered my question. I have mentioned long time ago that my dads generation and my generation changed a few things that I think is the reason why our country has been going down hill.

    1) families live to far apart.
    2) respect for our elders has diminished

    I reckon , if I had lived in the same town as my gramps and my Dad and Mom didnt move so far away from them I would have alot more stories and wisdom passed down to me like ben said. I was lucky to have the time I got to spend with my gramps and uncles...... no words can describe the loss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't have a comment, but a question. In your opinion, do you think I hurt anything when I pulled my Jeep Liberty to Terlinqua and back and forgot to put the transmission in park but had it in neutral?

    What, no fish????? Better luck next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes, I had the transfer case in neutral.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Dizzy, I don't think it would hurt anything as long as the transfer case was in neutral.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, been long enough, let's hear some fishing stories, RV fixin stories, grand-kid stories , ,sumthing!!

    You probably being so pampered you done forgot how to blog, or COOK for yourself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes one needs to take a day off.

    ReplyDelete