?

?

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Wind???

Well where do I start??? So much has gone through my mind that I rattle when I walk.

Speak'n of rattle when ya walk....now I got me a brand spank'n new pain. No, not in da ass. When I got up this morning, I found that I couldn't straighten up....look like an old man all bend over. It's in the kidney area or a little above. Pick up a 10# bag of taters and had to let them drop. Chose a 5# bag instead. Same with milk....1/2 gallon instead of the usual 1 gallon.

Oh....did I mention I spent the morn'n in Walmart? Yep, got there right at 9am think'n I would be all by myself. Yeah right. About a half a gazillion others thought the same thing. Now if'n all ya remember me say'n "I love Walmart"....well you can forget all that stuff from now on. Holy crap....where all the stuff I usually buy? It's gone, nothing but generic stuff and not much of that. Kraft colby cheese.....ain't none. Ain't no Kraft nuttin. I wanted some chicken thighs. Yeah right.....only way to get chicken thighs is to buy a 10# sack of old rooster legs. But it ain't just these few items....it's everywhere....they ain't got no choice. Grrrrrrr.

Ok.....now that I'm pissed at Walmart, let me tell ya bout the wind what hit me when I left the store. Bout a hunert mile a hour....sand blow'n everywhere. Then I had to go to another store and walk through the park lot. Holy crap, old Billy Bob don't like this stuff. Gonna blow slap into the next county. Then when I got back to "da house", I had to tote all them bags inside....against the wind. Boy howdy, I wore slap out.

Ok, now to ease everyone's mind, I did some think'n the last couple days. Bout the "little red bronco II" and "that jeep". What I was think'n when I decided to put the Bronco back on the road was to save $$$$$$$$'s replacing "that jeep" with something light and reliable. Ya see, I don't trust either the "little red bronco" or "that jeep". I ain't walk'n. But as things stand right now, the jeep stays on the road while I look for a Suzuki Side Kick....or something compatible. All the headaches ain't worth the worry. Sometimes old Billy Bob's ideas ain't always the best ideas.

Ok....how the hell do ya tenderize beef? Ya see, I'm mak'n a big pot of soup and the meat is like chew'n shoe leather. Even though I still have most my teeth, this stuff is tuff. Got it on low simmer, but damn, I'm get'n hungry.

Went out to eat with Barney and pesky neighbor Wayne last night. Had me up some beef fajitas, refried pintos, some rice, pico de gillo...how ever ya spell it, guacamole, tortillas and fresh cup of coffee. Hot damn, that was some good eat'n. But I ate too much. Paid for it last night.
Anyhows, we all three gonna attempt to swak some golf balls tomorrow. Unless the wind is up again. Forecast says 20 mph tomorrow, what ain't too bad. Just a breeze for Deming. 

9 comments:

  1. Of course we all have great ideas of how you should spend your money on a vehicle.

    BUT you are the one that has to live with the decision, so go for a new Suskie, or what ever it's called.

    About your tough beef, let is simmer at this point. OR you got a pressure cooker? that would do it for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben, what you talk'n bout NEW Suzuki???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go read what you posted.. For Gods' sake don't buy a used one of those !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i cook my beef, waterless in its own juices, after searing it in a little oil, over lowest heat setting, til its tender, then add all of that to my stews r soups. Add lots of seasonings, yummmy. Also do pot roasts that way. Changes the taste of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Billy Bob,

    I've been following your blog for a while and have a question for you. I know you've made some trips and camped in Terlingua. Can you recommend a RV park in that area? From what I can remember when visiting there last time none of them were stellar but any suggestions? We would need full hook ups and Wifi would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Brown, None of the rv parks in Terlingua/Study Butte have decent wifi. If I stay in the town, I prefer Study Butte RV park right acorss the street from the Cottonwood grocery store. Most folks I know about go down to the gas station/ cafe near the Motor Inn to get wifi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MrB.....don't know what help I can give you. I don't stay in rv parks when I go to Terlingua. I do believe the one in Study Butte has wifi, but as I remember they are expensive for a dirt rv park. Up toward old town is another, but I doubt they would have wifi. Not too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry Billy Bob, I thought you stayed at one of the parks when I was reading about you visiting the Terlingua area. We can get a Verizon card I suppose, that is if we can get cell signal. Just trying to plan a trip later this year but need a reliable internet connection for work. Thanks for the help.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL MrB....I did stay at one a few years back....the one up by the old town. It was cheap compared to the one behind the gas station/cafe/motel.

    ReplyDelete