?

?

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Wayne update

One more "pesky neighbor" update. He is still sedated and on a breathing machine.  The ICU nurse says there is more wrong than just the pneumonia.....what ever that means. Supposedly, there is a family member on the way to Deming. A niece....or something like that.

Boy howdy, what I gonna do if old "pesky" don't pull through. We been through a lot in the last 7 years. You know, swak'n golf balls, build'n stuff, sit'n on "da porch sip'n a cup and the endless BS sessions. Wayne is probably the only reason I am still in Deming. Ya just can't pull out on a friend that needs ya.

On another note, I will be here in Deming as long as Wayne needs me. This puts my Texas "fish'n" trip on hold till he can make it on his own. The VA has been trying to put him into a nursing home, but he won't do that....well maybe now he will.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping us informed. I can only imagine what you must be going through.

    You know of course you have my best thoughts for you and Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update on Wayne. Both you and Wayne have been on my mind and in my prayers. I don't bame Wayne for not wanting to go into a nursing home. Now an assisted living home is a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending prayers for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Mom feels the same way about nursing homes and while assisted living is definitely a lot better, it still ain't "home". As far as she is concerned if I were to put her in the car heading for a nursing home I might as well keep going to the funeral home. Interesting how all of these places have home on the end, but most of um clearly don't make the grade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just tossing this out there for you and the rest of you. A nursing home isn't the last resort . Look up a local group that does Hospice care. They can provide you information, assistance and visits on a regular basis . I got them for Ann when she shifted to where she couldn't get around and I was able to have them in full time near the end. Social Security pays 100% once the individual is approved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In Texas this is the place to start for what Ben is talking about. My Mom uses their services and loves it.

    http://www.dads.state.tx.us/

    ReplyDelete