?

?

Sunday, October 16, 2011

It's a slow world...

Things sure are slow'n down in the blog'n world lately. Either that or things are speed'n up in the "every day life" world. I remember back a time when I had so much extra time on my hands I didn't know what to do with myself. But holy cows, they increased the speed limits on the Interstates, big ol' malls have opened up, nobody eats at home.....it's a dog eat dog world. Hurry hurry hurry......no time to relax.

While I was sit'n round yesterday....relex'n, I noticed a water damaged board. Damaged pretty bad if ya ask me. It gotta be replaced. Ya see, I have a slide out room what been giv'n me trouble for the last couple year. Damn thing don't slide like it supposed to do. Well, come to find out, the damn thing leaks too. Water run'n down the one end get'n that board wet...and the floor. Now this means another trip up there on the roof and take a look see where the water is get'n in. I'm beginn'n to think I'm a little too old to be climb'n up there put'n my life in jeopardy every time I do. But....somebody got to do it.

Fount me some really nice look'n replacement chairs online. Since I moved some stuff around, I decided I got to have new chairs. And they cheap. Black leather swivel round in circles. Go up and down. I gonna be uptown.

Ok, clean'n lady showed up before I were ready. Will be back later.......maybe 

4:pm......

Boy howdy that clean'n lady is do'n a great job. Her 4 hours of clean'n would equal to my 24 hours of do'n the same thing....but not as good. Clean'n sucks ya know.

Four hours of diagnostics up and down that ladder and the solar system is still not fixed. The panel in question is only putting out 2.2 amps, but the voltage is correct @ 17.2 volts. I have a suspicion that little black box on the back may be the problem. If I am able to unsolder it, I'll check it out some more. This is where the diodes live. In the mean time I'll be satisfied with a 6.8 to 7.2 amp charge from the other panel. Grrrrrrrr to fix'n stuff.

8 comments:

  1. An RV service man told me that slide outs require new seals every 6 to 8 years. How many new seals have you put in yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working hard for a living huh?
    Found my Granpa up on a ladder once, fixing his roof. He was in his 80s. BUT,,,be careful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just think you bought your house brand new and it is starting to give you problems.

    I could only afford a used one at best so no telling what all would be wrong with it...think I will stick to my tent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Voltage is right amps are down, sounds like a poor connection/contact in the wire. I was modifying my panels mount and had to unplug the connectors and although they are working well the connections looked rusty inside the plugs.Mine are high voltage and low amps so a bit of loss might not reflect in amps.
    Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mickey, that's what I was hoping for, but it's not the case as far as I can tell. No rust anywheres. Everything tight. Have different volt readings between the two panels. Plan to check the diodes tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Dizzy, what you talk'n bout seals? I checked the seals. They just like brand spank'n new.
    I suppose I could bring the slide in when it's rain'n. Some people do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well shoot MsB, it's 7 years old now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trouble, if'n your granpa was up a latter at 80, I'm good for another 10.

    ReplyDelete