?

?

Sunday, February 5, 2012

What a night....

Holy crap, last night I waked up think'n I was gonna die or something like that. After toss'n an' turn'n for a hour I finally got to sleep. For a little while that is. I waked up at 1:30am with one them cough'n fits like I had pneumonia or some kind'a blubonic plauge. Couldn't get my breath. Could'a been turn'n blue for all I know, but didn't think to look in no mirror to check see. After I got all that cough'n an' hack'n behind me, I jumps straight up out the bed with one them God awful leg cramps....wake me slap up out of a dead sleep. After a few choice words and hop'n round on my tippy toes, all was good to go. So I thought. Two more times I get them damn things before my regular get'n up time. More cuss'n and toe hop'n. Got up at 5:45, put on a pot, look out the winder an' says...."damn, it's dark out there". Ain't nobody get up this early. Unless ya go'n fish'n or something like that.

Yesterday afternoon, I made the decision to take "that jeep" for a little ride. Headed north towards San Antonio. Well no I didn't go to San Antone, I were just headed that direction with a destination in mind. Ain't very far ya know....to San Antone, bout a hunnert mile. Took a left turn off I-37 at Mathis an' head out to the Lake Corpus Christi State Park. Just to look around ya know. Been think'n bout spend'n a week there...catch me up some fish. Weren't a bad look'n park with half the campsites closed an' the water level bout 10 to 15 foots low. Don't think the old Billy Bob gonna be spend'n no time there.

Then I say to Sadie Mae...."let's go to Walmart". We headed back towards Corpus Christi now. Bought me up some sweet eats....um yum, chocolate donuts and a few groceries. Forgot the milk, so that means one more stop on the way back to "da house". Was get'n kind of dark, so's I turns on the headlights. The same ones I adjusted a few days ago for the second time. What the hell....still ain't right. One shin'n down there and the other one over there. I give up....ain't never gonna drive at night no more.


Look like winter is gonna be with us for the rest of the week. Cold and rainy, no sunshine...dreary, nasty, freez'n cold weather. Rain all night long last night an' it ain't quit yet. This ain't good ya know. The only day it's gonna be warm is Tuesday...bout 65 degs, (with a chance of rain the rest of the week) and the golf ball swak'n place is closed on Tuesdays. Now what we gonna do Barney???

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for saving me a trip to LCCSP to see if I want to stop on my way west. It sure is looking nasty for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your new header picture. I see what is left over after you ate the long horn cow, so when are you going to eat the duck? Where is Sadie May?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new opening photo. That must be old because I see Fred out there guarding the front yard. Why don't ya just pay up for a month some where centrally located and then you can drive the Jeep anywhere you need to go. Plug in the electric blanket and the electric cube heater and get out some good books and some good music and let it blow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barney, didn't know you was think'n bout go'n to LCCSP. There was only bout 6 campers in the full hook up area and a few tent campers. All boat ramps was out of the water.


    Dizzy & River, that was the cow head with the solar powered night light eyes. Left it in Deming. Don't know where Fred the duck is at. Probably left him in Deming too. Sadie Mae was probably out hunt'n.
    The new header photo is from last years "slabs" trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wid all the feeshin' holes so "hydraulically challenged" I'd think you'd be tickled to be seein' some rain.

    Sounds like you might be needin' to adjust those headlights wif one o' yer golf ball bats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of all the places I've been in Texas San Antonio on the river walk was my favorite.

    I liked the old header picture much better, I'm just not into fancy shit.

    ReplyDelete