?

?

Friday, April 6, 2012

Duplicate day

Today is a repeat of yesterday....a duplicate. The old bones are still sore and the scrapes and bruises are mend'n.

Now I ask myself, why would a person abuse his self the way way I do? Mostly it could be called impatience, or in short, "bullheadedness". Ya see, all my life when I got something to do (a project) I jump head first, both feet, right into it, not considering what the outcome may be. In the end, I end up with aches and pains, cuts and bruises, from "not pay'n 'tention" to what I'm do'n. Get in too much of a hurry when I got all the time in the world.

Speak'n of slide outs, I were walk'n round "da house" an' notice the bedroom slide has an issue what needs immediate attention before the next rains.

This should be a fairly easy fix with a tube of RTV silicone to glue the seal back in place. But if you look real close, the fiberglass is also cracked.....on both ends of the slide out.. As any RV'er would know, if water gets in through those cracks, you gonna get bubbles, otherwise knowed as delamination (fiberglass separates from the plywood). "So how ya gonna fix that Billy Bob"? Well, I gonna have to think on that a while. Why did the seal pull loose and why is the fiberglass cracked?? Is there a problem I can't see from the outside?

If you're getting tired of read'n bout all my repairs, I'm sorry. But that what I do....fix stuff. It's either fix it or let "da house" fall apart. Fix'n stuff can be an adventure ya know, so bear with me while I put "da house" an' "that jeep" back in tip top shape. LOL to put'n "that jeep" in tip top shape. Piece of junk!!!

Got some things I need to order from Amazon. Probably gonna get the Canon Powershot A1200 camera Shoeless Joe Travelin' with John was talk'n bout with the view finder.






As long as it will fit in my pocket and takes good pics, that what I want.

Well shoot, that was easy, but I fount a better quality (16mp 5x zoom) for a few bucks more. Be here in a week with free shipping.

Also need a couple pressure switches for the emergency park brake on "da house". These are spares just in case one goes out cruis'n down the road a hunnert mile a hour. I've had 4 go out in the last 7 1/2 years. When they go out, you don't go nowheres. 

Ok....that's it for now....things to do ya know.

7 comments:

  1. I have one of those Cannon cameras, and it does a good job. It is thicker on one end than my Fuji, but will still fit in your pocket. I usually carry the Fuji since it is thinner.
    BTW, I bought the Cannon because it has a view finder but so far I have not needed to use it. Will come in handy in bright sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take most of my pics blind,,,,can't see in sun. Need that view finder, but,,got this one, gonna stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silver one....$79....black one $119 at Amazon. Both have a view finder.

      Delete
  3. I don't envy you one bit having to fix things but if it will make you feel better think of all the money you are saving by doing it yourself.

    What are you going to do with your other three cameras? Have a garage sale?

    Yesterday I went to pick up Mom at church and you should of seen Mata Gatos running towards us. Mom asked him when he was going to come get paid and he said soon and that he could probably mow again...hahahahaha...I wont be holding my breath on that one. Could not help but think of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MsBelinda, he stated that he likes to fix things, I can relate to that, so do I.

    But I think I'll just be thankful I don't own anything with slide outs. And thankful I don't own a Jeep, it's been over 30 years since I was stupid enough to buy one of them but some folks swear by them, no matter how much they have to fix them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog through someone else's. It's always something with RV's huh? Mine has been in a constant state of repairs or maintenance. But it also seems to be the time of year that I do all these projects. I do a lot of DIY projects on my rig unless it's really something that I can't handle. Like my recent overhead cab rebuild...that I had to find someone for! Good luck with those slides.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All those DYI projects are what keeps ya young! Don't want the house falling apart on ya, right?

    Good score on the camera! Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete