?

?

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Inside complete

Boy howdy, I feel a lot better this morn'n than I did for the last 3 days. The older ya get, the less "junk" ya can put in your body without hav'n to pay the price. There was a time I could eat anything. An' a bunch of it. Now I have to be watchful of most everything that might be considered food. Certain items cause disastrous results. Like peanut butter and potted meat sandwiches. Used to love 'em, but those days are long gone. As long as I got me some Alka Seltzer in "da house", I can pretty much survive eat'n what I want. The last 3 days kind of proved that theory wrong. Between the couch and the bathroom is right bout 15 feets. Bet ya a quarter I walked a hunnert mile them 3 days.

Me and Robert was sit'n here this morn'n admir'n our work and pretty much decided, the inside "da house" is complete....construction wise. Still got some stuff lay'n round what needs to be put somewhere's, but it's done. No more saw dust and stuff in "da house". Yee ha!!!!

Did some online research on tires for "Sally da house" and here what I come up with. My bankroll is gonna take a beat'n. There are RV tires and there are truck tires. RV tires contain some crap what makes them a little more "sun tolerant" than truck tires and can last a little longer. They are also a little softer for a nicer ride. But.....they cost a whole lot more. They have the same tread design, are exactly the same size and have the same safety guarantees. So....."now what ya gonna do Billy Bob"? You guessed it, make a feeble attempt to save a few hunnert dollars. I'll take any input you may have on tires in the comment section.

Speak'n of comments, I sure have been enjoy'n all the comments on the repairs an' such. Got a kick out of Gypsy's comment yesterday on "hang'n out". I could just picture her daddy haul'n her out that local hangout place.

Ok, got things I gotta do. Laters!

8 comments:

  1. It is just another opinion but I think on your rig the truck tire would be a better choice. I feel they would be tougher and a better choice for some of the terrain you end up in. For a resort camper it probably would not matter. For folks like us tougher is likely better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barney. We must think alike when it comes to "man" stuff".

      Delete
    2. I agree with Barney's opinion to get the truck tire. However, my reasoning is slightly different. I believe that anything sold with the label RV on it is way over priced and your just as well off with a similar product that does not say RV.

      Delete
  2. Have you looked into retreads? The new ones are pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rv tires don't use treads. By that I mean that by the time (right bout 5 years or so) the sidewalls are full of little cracks and gouges down to the cords, the treads are still in perfect shape. No meed to retread.

      Delete
  3. I put tires on mine not too long ago and it sure did help out the national economy a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dizzy, anything you do to your motorhome is gonna help the economy.....that is unless you do some the work yourself.

      Delete
  4. I sure have been enjoying readin your blog on a daily basis. You made me laugh lots of times. I have followed along while you have been updating Sally da house and think you have done her up right. I don't have any advise to give on the tires, but will be interested in what you decide to help me make the decision in the future.

    ReplyDelete