?

?

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Hors'n around...burro that is


 See that burro with the rope on his neck. That's the little bastard what try to kick old Billy Bob.


Oh holy crap.....I done forgot to get all my meds while at Walmart the other day. So that means, today I have to go back to Walmart. I was gonna wait till "black friday" and get them on sale, but I ain't wait'n in no lines for a $4 prescription. Now that gets me to wondering how they can charge $4 for a months supply of blood pressure medication and charge $10 for a months supply of over the counter headache medication (Bayer 500 mg. aspirin). Somebody is mak'n some bucks on headaches.

I remember when I was in a VA hospital back in 1980. That when I injured my back. Sit in that damn hospital for almost 2 months while they was try'n to convince me that I only thought I injured my back. Anyhows, they had me medicated with some the strangest drug ya ever hear of. One make hair grow in my tongue. Well, it weren't really hair like on your head, but it sure felt like it. Little thingys grow'n on my tongue a 1/4 inches long. On top of all them drugs the doctors was giv'n me, I was tak'n any high potency pain reliever I could get my hands on.  Even contraband.....you know, illegal stuff. Most had no effect other than aspirin. Of which I was tak'n right at or over 10,000 mgs a day. They worked, but ate my stomach slap up. Now years later, I suffer from a simple pain reliever....aspirin. Belch, burp, gurgle, gag...acid reflex, burn like the dickens.

I were think'n bout go'n to the golf ball swak'n place today an' beat hell out the OFM Barney. But yesterday while test'n the "billy bike", I fell slap on my ass.....wrenched (or is it winched) my back. Took me up 2 of them 500 mg aspirins think'n I would be all well by this morn'n, but I ain't. So.....golf ball swak'n will have to wait for another day. But I may ride the "billy bike" again.


8 comments:

  1. Man 'O Man, you're having a heck of a time today. Hope you find some relief there, muh friend. Oh, one well-placed piece of lead between the eyes of that a$$ would take care of the kickin' problem.

    Vanwrinkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it ain't all that bad. Could be a lot worse ya know.....like if'n that burro would have broke my leg or something like that.

      Delete
    2. I have to amend the comment about the 'piece of lead'. It's not in my DNA to harm animals intentionally, although, well, no, I'll defer to your reply. :-)

      Delete
  2. It is time to go fishing and get your mind off your worries and pain. Funny how a big old fish slamming into you lure cane make you forget about everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things are getting serious - attacked by a burro, and then by a bike. I have always hated pain meds, but when I was in the hospital I asked them if they could just add a couple of drops of morphine to my IV. But you know how those doctors are. They could have charged Medicare for it with no trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, that morphine is good stuff. Makes ya feel like yer floating on a cloud over them Georgia pines. Helps right after a car wreck of major proportions.

    Vanwrinkle

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pump BB pistol works well for goats and burros. One or two pumps to get their attention and move them down the road, ten or fifteen to show you mean business if they dont't take the hint.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Belch, burp, gurgle, gag...acid reflex, burn like the dickens". Hey, Billy Bob, me too. quarter teaspoon baking soda in a FEW ounces good water is my remedy. Has never failed. You don't know me but I take a looksee often and catch up on whatcha been up to. Enjoy your 'laid back' ways of life.

    ReplyDelete