?

?

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Free camping....

I saw a buffalo. Now what would a buffalo be do'n in south Texas? I'm think'n some rancher with way too much money had that buffalo imported from some buffalo ranch out west somewheres. If'n I had me a buffalo, I would probly try to ride that sucker. Yeee haa....giddy up.

I 'member back one time when buffalos roamed all over the west....not in south Texas though. There was so many buffalo that they look like "fuzzy" rivers flow'n out the mountains down through the valleys. Gazillions of 'em. There was some people what would eat buffalo, mostly the starv'n Indian tribes that didn't have no cows, so they killed a few. Then some guy in Paris, France, or maybe New York City, figger out that buffalo hides was good for mak'n blankets, rugs and clothes out of. There go all the buffalo. Shot all to hell with big ol' elephant guns an' AK-47's....stuff like that. Not too many years ago, buffalo was almost extinct.....'cause some dumb asses shot 'em all. Now ya only see one on rare occasions. Especially in south Texas.

After many miles of fighting a 20 mile a hour winds on the nose, "Sally" was get'n tired. It was late afternoon when we finally arrived at destination Falcon Heights, Texas. It were hot at 92 degs and not a breeze was blow'n. It was now decision time again....do I camp for free at the Community Park, or do I camp for $96 a week at the State Park. When I look across the street at the Community Park I says...."holy cows, somebody mowed all the grass an' graded all the roads. Looks like a nice place to camp. So that where the old Billy Bob set up his camp. See header photo.  

When I was pull'n out of el Rancho Abraham RV Resort, I done something I ain't never did in all the years I been RV'n. I smak'ed a tree limb with my TV antenna. Yes I had lowered it before pull'n out, but it weren't all the ways down. Inspect'n it from ground level, I don't see much damage....just a little bent arm thingy up there. I was lucky ya know. Most times when ya smak a tree with a antenna, it will rip it slap out of the roof and cause all kinds of headaches. Like tear a big hole in the roof and peel the rubber roofing slap off.

Today ain't the day for climb'n up on no roof to be access'n damage. The wind is blow'n a hunnert mile a hour (25 mph out of the north). The old Billy Bob would be lay'n on the ground scream'n "MOMS" after he got blowed off.

First thing I did this morn'n was to let Sadie Mae out to pee and put on a fresh pot of coffee. What the hell???? I ain't got no water. Just outside my door is a water spigot thingy. WOW...free water too. I make up my coffee....from the spigot out there, but don't know the quality of the water. Does it have little bitty tiny bugs in it?? Coffee tastes the same as everwheres else, so's I guess the water is ok. "Clean the coffee pot Billy Bob, clean the damn coffee pot". I was gonna do that a while back if'n ya remember. But I didn't. Will I??? Maybe!!!


7 comments:

  1. There is a buffalo about a half mile of my place. Always enjoy seeing him, especially when he is near the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is Community Park the name to find it by and how long can you stay for free?

    Nice looking site !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See my blog tonight for the location. Some had been there for months the last time I was there.

      Delete
  3. Mighty nice campground especially for free including water. Are my eyes deceiving me or do I spot two new web chairs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last winter when I stayed here the grass was knee deep in places. This year...bout 4 inches. Any time you can get "free" plus water, it's a good deal. YUP.....new chairs.

      Delete
  4. Free is the best and it looks like a pretty good place. I tore part of my roof on a tree when leaving an RV Park - didn't realize it until it rained and I found water in one of my overhead cabinets. I love being in the trees, but they should keep them trimmed so they don't do so much damage.

    ReplyDelete