?

?

Monday, June 10, 2013

A nap an' a dream

Boy howdy, I'm still skake'n from that sail'n trip yesterday. That little 22 foots sail'n boat had some kind of a jinx on it....or something like that. One of these days I'll have to tell ya bout the day the keel fell slap off while I was sail'n on high winds. Just in case ya don't know what a keel is or it's purpose on a sail boat, a keel is a big chunk of lead or heavy steel (cast iron) what hangs off the bottom of the boat to keep it from turn'n over. The keel on my little 22 foots sain'n boat was cast iron weigh'n in at 500 pounds. The keel on my 41 foots Formosa sail'n boat was cast lead weigh'n in at 9000 pounds.

I was sit'n over there on the couch yesterday afternoon watch the pro golfers swak golf balls. Pooof, just like that, I was out like a light. Some people would designate this as a "nap", but I swear, it was unintentional.
I could hear water run'n right outside my door. There was birds churp'n an' cheep'n in the trees. What the hell, where I at? I swings the door open, an' sure as God make green apples, there was water. A big ol' mountain stream run'n right pass "da house" Plumb full of big ol' rainbow trout frolick'n in the water. Great big 100 foots tall trees all around me. The firepit still smok'n from a recent campfire. A brand spank'n new Weber Q 100 sit'n on the picnic table.....flames come'n out the sides.

Bout that time, here come that damn goat stomp'n his ass up the steps an' in 'da house". Wake me slap up. Stupit goat.

Now, that's what I'm talk'n bout. I could spend a month in a place like that. No city noises. No damn bark'n dogs all night long. No trains or big ol' 18 wheeler trucks. Lay back on that creek bank an' catch me up some "eat'n fish".
 Something like this is kind'a what I had in mind. With this sort of camp'n site in mind, I went Googl'n for the last hour an' a half. Research ya know. Dang, there's still a couple three places I ain't been.
Ok, now I got my blood pressure up. Maybe I better go lay down for a bit.

A little later......
I rekon that nap I had sort a proves I can still dream an' dreams are still alive in my mind. But I ain't gonna rush into anything.

With that said, I got to be in Deming, New Mexico the end of August. See my Dr. Fronkinstine...git me another year supply of drugs. I'll be there for old "pesky neighbor" Wayne's 71st birthday. Probly still be there for my 72nd. What the hell do ya buy for a grouchy, crippled up old fart hobbl'n round on a walker? He sure as hell don't need no golf'n balls no more, that for sure. Knit'n needles....that's it, knit'n needles.

So what do I do between now and the end of August? Whoa boy howdy....that's a good question. Do I just sit here on my ass wait'n for August? Well, the OFM Barney done tole me I need to git off'n my ass. He's right ya know, I'm just wast'n away.

One thing I really want before I go anywheres is a Weber Q grill. Don't be ask'n me what the "Q" stands for 'cause I ain't got the slightest. And I really don't give a rats....long as that sucker don't catches on fire like the one I got now. Only reason I don't already have one is I hate to let loose a hand full of $$$$'s. They ain't cheap ya know.

Speak'n of Louisiana....Well NO I ain't forgot about a camp'n trip Louisiana. Ever time I travel through Louisiana, I says...."damn I like Louisiana". Not so much the northern part though. Ain't nuttin but farms an' old green tractors. A travel route along I-10 or US90....now that what I'm talk'n bout. Cajun country. Swamps an' bayous. Foot stomp'n music an' authentic cajun eat'em ups. Nasty ass cajun coffee. Anyhows.  

10 comments:

  1. All my life I've been dreaming of the place you described - a stream rushing by outside the cabin. The closest I ever came to heaven was in the backcountry of the Smoky Mountains. Does that goat actually walk right inside your house? Uninvited?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I been watch'n that commercial on tv where the bear knocks down the door an' him an' his critter buddies kidnap the family....take 'em to the woods. That got me all fired up to go camp'n in a place like that.

      Ha ha....that goat. Yeah, he just comes in "da house" any ol' time he wants. I leave the screen open so Sadie Mae can go in an' out. I beat hell out him with a flyswapper, but that don't stop him. Stupit goat!!!

      Delete
  2. Just so you know, you are not the blogger referenced in my blog of yesterday. It is already 91 and miserable down here in
    AP. Bout fainted from the heat just gittin groceries to the Truck. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a design job for a fellow that builds machines that lay concrete for roads and airstrips. He said he was working in Louisiana and men just came out of the swamps wanting to work a day or two. None of them even new what a social security card was. He hired them anyway. They worked cheap, you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like the full name of this feller you're talk'n bout. While you're at it, how bout look'n up the phone number of Homeland Security for me.

      Delete
  4. About that BBQ. I checked amazon and they have used/like new for $120 this sounds like a good deal.you spent more on the bicvcle that you don't ride. Just buy it , you will be glad you did.

    The only thing you will have to do is clean it every night and put it away, or some lowlife will steal it and sell it on craigslist
    River hauler from my nextel 7.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Larry, bring'n up the "billy bike" like that. I would ride the damn thing if'n it had a motor on it.

      The Weber....what you talk'n bout "clean it"?

      Thanks for drop'n by Larry....errr....River

      Delete
    2. No need to clean the Weber Q. I preheat and a quick brushing+good to go!

      Delete
  5. hey, the dream was grate. stupid goat better stay off the floor. know let me say, I was reading your blogs and came across the one about the BUG...LOL...laughing till tears came out my eyes. told Mandi about it and started all over again. love ya...

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey BB, rvsue found that running stream for you, it is up or over in Utah.

    ReplyDelete