?

?

Friday, October 25, 2013

Camp'n in Del Rio ain't so bad....it's wonderful

"Yee freak'n gads Billy Bob, where you got all them golf ball swak'n clubs"? Well, ya see, when ya been play golf as long as I have an' ya don't throw nuttin in the dumpster, ya end up with a big ol' pile of golf clubs. Yesterday, I sorted out clubs. Two sets, plus a few, were carefully examined nicks an' cuts, bent shafts or fading paint jobs. A full set was placed in my lightest golf bag. I'm ready for a round of golf ball swak'n.

Me an' OFM Barney was talk'n yesterday bout where we gonna go this come'n summer. What the hell?, it ain't even winter yet an' we're talk'n bout summer 2014. Speak'n of winter, I rekon I'll end up at Falcon Lake again this winter. But that's yet to be determined.

There's lots of decid'n factors involved in a winter camp'n decision. Like "is it warm". Warm is anywheres close to 40 degs at night an' to hell with daytime temps....they gonna be nice any way ya look at it (mid to upper 60's to 70's be just fine). That would be south Texas, the slabs in California or some god forsaken place in Florida.

Ok, back to Del Rio an' Lake Amistad. It's very nice here, if'n ya don't mind a little wind (53 degs last night). Camp'n only costs $2 a night if'n ya got yourself a "old fart" National Parks pass. Otherwise ya gonna pay an astounding $4 a night. Just 7 miles down the road is Del Rio, with every kind of shop'n you could desire. Gasoline is the cheapest I have seen (yesterdays prices $2.97 a gallon). Ya wanna go "eat'em up"? Boy howdy, let me tell ya, they got everthing from a hunnert fast food joints to expensive full service restaurants.

Me an' Barney dined out last night at the Sirloin Stockade. Yum Boy howdy. Warning....don't eat the mashed taters. Tasted like powdered eggs or something like that....no texture. We walked out of there with our belts loosened bout three holes. By the time we returned to our campsites, only 7 miles ya know, I was feel'n a sleepy come'n on. I fought it an' stay up till 10:30. Cain't take it no more, I go to bed.

This morn'n, I barely crawl out of bed an' hobble to the coffee pot. Feel like the old "crookit man with a crookit stick". My back is in pain. "Aspirin Billy Bob, take some aspirin". Other than that, I feel wonderful.

Today I'll finish set'n up camp. Unload the "billy bike" an' set up the Weber grill. I got the Weber stowed in a compartment at the rear of "da house". Hard to get to an' a back break'n job to unload the grill. Be all bend over, sit'n on the ground, bang head on slide out....stuff like that. It needs to be moved. Well shoot, that's easy....move all the junk out the front compartment an' put it in the back one. Weber has a new home....at the front.



  

6 comments:

  1. I am always getting hurt on the slide-outs when they are out. Hard to get into the compartments when all four slides are out. I don't do well on my hands and knees or leaned way over any more. Gett'n too old for that. You got to get the grill stored in a handy place for when you get hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are you do'n get'n into empty compartments under the slide outs? There is no need to open a compartment with the rig sit'n in the yard....hint hint....get on the road.

      Delete
  2. I don't think it's too early at all to be thinking about summer of 2014. I'm doing my research now and will be making plans shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you havin too much (can you have to much fun?). Like the campin prices and fuel prices too. You just be enjoyin that place there, soon you be firing up your Weber.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well George, I don't know bout how much fun I'm have'n, but the prices are right.

      Set up Mr. Weber this afternoon. Did a test fire....good to go.

      Delete
  4. Tell me Billy-Bob how far to your fishing hole???

    ReplyDelete