?

?

Thursday, October 31, 2013

It was a good day......problems aside

First things first.....my battery situation. That guy that asked me yesterday if'n I checked the water....he was right. There weren't a drop of water in that engine battery. "See, I tole ya Billy Bob, ya got to check the water ever month or so". This battery is shot....poooof, it ain't no good no more.
A trip to Walmart will cure this situation with a brand spank'n new battery. An' I could use some new fish'n worms too. 

Speak'n of fish'n, OFM Barney drop by yesterday morn'n, mumbl'n something bout starv'n to death. We head into town an' eat up a great big ol' Mexican dinner/lunch/brunch....whatever ya want to call it. I were stuffed. Bout 3pm or so, me an' Sadie Mae jumps in "that jeep" an' head for the fish'n hole, the bridge. I'm go'n fish'n.

I throws my pole out there where all them fish is at, but they either sleep'n or ain't home from work yet. Bout a hunnert casts, I ain't catched nuttin!!! Not even a little nibble. Bass fish don't nibble in case ya want to know. When they see something to eat, they gobble that sucker up an' run like hell. They like colors too. At Lake Amistad bass like watermelon color with little red sparklies in it. An' I'm out of that color.

I hook into bout 3 fish yesterday. One was too little to photograph an' one was too big to get up on the bridge. He spit that little sparklie worm out his mouth an'....pooof, he was gone. Hook'n a fish makes fish'n worthwhile. Even if'n ya ain't gonna eat 'em.

Ok, here the deal. When an' where I leave this life, I want to be a handsome feller lay'n there all decked out in duds. Not that it matters, but I ain't never have me no nice clothes to wear to special occasions. Hand me downs, Goodwill an' cheap shit from Walmart don't quite qualify as "nice". Had me a suit one time. It come from the local Goodwill store for $5...or something like that. Didn't fit, I look like a circus clown in it. I'm think'n I'll go buy me some "funeral" clothes....that fit.
Maybe something like this.....
and maybe not.....

We got sunshine today, warm....and windy. Cain't do nuttin outside, so today is a perfect time to make a Walmart run. "Sadie Mae wanna go for a ride"? Yup she sure do.


12 comments:

  1. I like fancy vests. Hey, you look just like Bat Masterson in that picture!! See what a nice vest will do for you. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usta have me a brite red vest what I wore as a bartender....little red garter belts on my sleeves too.

      Now, bout look'n like Bat Masterson. He ain't got no long blond hair like I do an' he ain't got no goatee neither. You still think we look alike???

      Delete
  2. Good lord, BillyBob! You would look stunning in those clothes, including the hat of course. All the wimmins would be sobbing because you were no longer available!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the clothes an' the way I dress now days, I ain't been available in years. Won't be no tears shed from any the wimmins I know.
      Just onest in my lifetime I would like to dress up the way I want an' not what society demands. Hell, I might get me some them modern day "show yer ass" britches. Wouldn't that be a "crack" up?

      Delete
    2. Just don't get in trouble with the law because they say it's hard to run and hold those britches up at the same time. You strike me as a man who doesn't let society or anyone set demands for you - dress how you want.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. OH MY GOD....that is excellent.
      Thanks Anony

      Delete
    2. You has fun catchin them fish, now have fun buying those funeral clothes, Goodwill store be the best place I think.

      Delete
  4. You are going to need some six shooters too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, # 1 BB, Gene Barry said you couldn't wear his funeral clothes cause he already did !!!
    If you caught that 14# r he's pull your skinny little -ss in... You need to switch to a crappie rig and get you some eatin' fish....All BIG-MOUTH BILLY BOB BASS is good for is toooootin' your horn !!!

    Sadie Mae know what's good & what ain't !!!! Tell'im SM.....

    ReplyDelete