?

?

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Golf ball swak'n with frozen balls (golf balls)

I don't know. It's freak'n cold out there again this morn'n. I ain't talk'n no below zero cold, but it's cold enough to crank up my Mr Heater for a bit....38 degs accord'n to my Walmart special temp thingy. Mama Nature piss me off some times.

Ya see, yesterday, me an' my golf'n buddy the OFM Barney was talk'n bout a round of golf ball swak'n this morn'n. An' we pretty much decided we would meet up this morn'n for a excit'n round. Now if'n ya know anything bout how the weather works in south Texas, ya can plan on the temp be'n right bout 58 degs at tee time. Give or take ya know. Damn, I hope I don't freeze to death. Look'n out the winders, I see plenty of sunshine an' hardly any wind. I can do that.

Yesterday I went outside an' did some "stuff". Didn't amount to a whole lot, but I did get me a little exercise....much needed exercise. Grabed holt to a golf'n club an' swak some golf balls....again. Just like I did a couple days ago. An' had to sit down....again, just like I did a couple days ago. Went out to crank up the POS "that jeep". Freak'n battery was deader 'an a doornail. Strung out a hunnert feet of cord an' hook up a battery charger.....today it should crank. Oh yeah, I put a new set of floor mats in the "billy jeep". Look pretty darn good too. Even fit. I know some stuff bout buy'n floor mats. Or maybe it could be the floor mat people know how to design floor mats. Either way, I'm happy.

That was when a stranger sneeked up on me an' scare hell out me. I don't usually let that happen, but I was so wrapped up in look'n for something I didn't notice....had my back turned. It were the OFM Barney. We sat outside an' talk for what seem like a couple hours or more. Was a wonderful visit. Of course, that damn goat had to introduce his self to Barney. Sneeked up behind him an' nosed Barney's hat. Of course Barney come out his chair. Hee hee....it was funny.

It's not often I run slap out of words an' something to talk bout, but damn....I'm at a total loss.

10 comments:

  1. Well, aren't you the early bird! Surprised finding your post so early. It is very cold here too; the snow proves it. No worry though; March is marching along normally and soon we'll all be complaining about the boiling temps, won't we? Hope you and Barney don't freeze today. Ha Ha, I'd like to have seen that curious goat. I could do with a whooping round of laughter these days. Still wishing I had a goat. And a pet pig! Pigs are smarter than dogs, you know. With one around, it could teach my 4 dogs and a goat what's what; then all my intelligent creatures could teach me a better way ...just pondering; too early for "reality thinking". IF only I could teach them to pick up the broom and a mop, I'd have life made. Eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pigs are smarter than dogs??? Now I don't know bout that. Ya see, I had me two pigs one time an' they was bout the dumbest animals I ever see. You would think a "smart" pig would get out of the sun into the shade to take a nap, but not my pigs. They turn their water trough over, then lay down in the mud they created with their drink'n water. Got all filthy muddy an' dirty, an' now they ain't got no water to drink or to wash up for dinner time.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like your day is off to a good start! Good luck on the golf range!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim....golf range turn out pretty darn good.

      Delete
  3. Fishermen, hunters, and golfers are all a little nuts. I am a member of two of these groups and I know I am a little bit nuts. . . at least that is what my wife tells me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dizzy Dizzy Dizzy.....I do wish you would be a little more cautious with your use of words. When ya said I was nuts, ya weren't think'n I need to be in a institution or something like that did ya?
      I still want to go fish'n, an' occasionally I do. That makes me a fisherman. Ya got to go fish'n if'n ya want to be called a fisherman.
      Same thing goes with a hunter. If'n ya don't go, ya ain't no hunter. I fit that category.
      Now to be called a golfer, we talk'n a different thing. Ya don't have to do nuttin. You can carry a golf ball in yer pocket or a tee on top yer ear.....an' everbody gonna think you a golfer. Kind of like walk'n down the street with a bottle of Jack Daniels in yer hand....everbody gonna say you a drunk.
      "What the hell did I just say"????

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you accomplished a lot, and a visit from a friend makes the day even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Gypsy, I never accomplish a lot. I'm at a point in my life that if'n I change underwear in the morn'n.....I've accomplished enough for one day.
      I was thrilled when Barney scare hell out me like he did. It was a wonderful afternoon....even if'n we didn't do nuttin but talk.
      But today we played golf together an' had a great meal.....yep boy howdy we did.

      Delete
  5. It was perfect weather here, and will be today too. Good to know you were out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its always nice to have people drop by for a surprise visit.

    ReplyDelete