?

?

Friday, March 28, 2014

Oh no, not golf again.....yup

This morn'n I have very little to say. This will be a short post.....that is unless I get in a whirlwind....or maybe I could cut an' post something to keep ya informed bout world events.

And speak'n of world events, did you know.........ha ha, you thought I was gonna get political here didn't ya?

The weather? Take a look at this, today's high is supposed to reach 87, 88, or 89 degs.....depend'n on who ya want to believe. Now what better weather than that could ya ask for? That's pretty darn close to perfect golf'n weather if'n ya ask me.....within a couple degs. With the OFM Barney in tow, I'm think'n we'll hit the golf course right at 10:30......swak 'em good. Eat up a big plate full of Mexican food, return to our respective camp'n sites an' take a nap. Or something like that.

You guessed it, the old Billy Bob failed to make his much needed trip to Port Aransas this week. What ya mean ya don't know nuttin bout Port Aransas? Port Aransas is a dad gum tourist trap....that what it is. Give it a Google search an' you learn all ya want to know.

 I lived there for 18 years, retired from the University of Texas there, an' it's still my "home port" while RV'n round the country. Now that don't mean I stay there when I'm in the area, I just use my old address, post office an' bank. What was once a nice little fishing village has turned into a wanna-be rich mans "utopia" City. Condos everwhere ya look. High dollar restaurants on every corner. Rules an' regulations like ya ain't never see in yer life. Speak'n bout rules an' regulations, did I ever tell ya bout the time.....the beaches at Port Aransas are considered roadways. It's legal to drive an' to park on the beach. The cops never bother ya back in the good ol' days. Ha....I pull "Alice" up on the beach for a good nights sleep. Listen to the music of the waves break'n on the shore. Right bout 2:30am I hears somebody knock'n....no, they was pound'n on my door. It was a fat local police officer....all puffed up like he was some kind of a god or something like that. "You can't park a Winnebago on the beach". Alice was NOT a Winnebego. It was a high dollar Tiffin Open Road. The City had passed a ordinance that RV's can no longer use the beach areas for camping. Claim'n that RV'ers are not welcome in Port Aransas 'cause they are dirty....an' dump their black water tanks all over town. This was back in 2003. I don't know if'n that ordinance is still in effect.

I been do'n a lot of research on the net. Look'n at places I ain't never been before. My god, I ain't gonna live long enough to go all them places. That trip I was talk'n bout last year, a cajun music trip to Louisiana, is still in the back my mind. Shoot, I could crank up my 500 watt surround sound system an' everbody can listen to cajun music. Sit'n here cross'n my fingers, arms an' legs hope'n I get to make that trip one these days. Dad gum back....an' get'n a little older. 

Ok, that's it for the day. I got shoes to put on, find some golf'n balls an' tees an' put the damn dog Sadie Mae in "da house". I'm anticipat'n a wonderful day of golf ball swak'n.

6 comments:

  1. There is a few place to park overnight on the beach Mustang Island now, just need to buy a permit. We enjoyed it there a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better take advantage of this warm weather while ya can. You know how fast it can change here in Texas! I sure am liking it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too many places? Every journey starts with one step...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Barney just go and have toooo much fun swak'n golf balls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a great golf game. Glad to here the weather has warmed to golfing temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way leaves and buds are putting out - means spring is finally easing in ...things to do, places to go, holes to dig. Yes, a nice warm day makes for conjuring up fun things to do, like you with your golf'n time, I too have fun duties. Ha, I think I will go dig wild onions ....one way to get out of housework! Dandelion Wine on my agenda this spring ....now that will use a good portion of springtime, won't it?

    Have fun swakin', BB, you and buddy Barney. Watch that back and don't be gettin'n no sunburn either, ya hear?

    ReplyDelete