?

?

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Count down

Well shoot, yesterdays "count the change" game resulted in too low estimates....but, we have a winner.

****Practical Parsimony**** had the closest guess at $62.45. That was too low. The actual amount I received in paper dollar bills was $72.50....after paying a % fee to use the change counter thingy. Of course Frank lost the receipt....Grrrrrr Frank. "Oh look, I got me some Mexican pesos that didn't go through the machine" At the current exchange rate, I'm bout a dollar richer. Now, where can I spend 12 Mexican pesos (two 5's an' a two)???

Yesterday I posted a notice on Facebook....
"Houston, we have a problem, no contact with Atlanta in weeks. Should the landing be aborted"?
With bout 25 contacts over there in the Atlanta area (kids an' grandkids), I had expected a reply that the landing area for touchdown was clear of all obstructions. Now how the hell do ya land a lunar spaceship ("Sally da house") on a obstructed land'n strip? Do ya see what I'm get'n at? Or could it be that I'm just being "the popster"?

According to the weather forecasts, I have a choice of bout two day for my last round of golf in south Texas, Friday and next Monday. Both days the wonderful Mexican restaurant in Sinton is open. "I'll have a numero tres por favor".

With the golf'n game out of the way, if'n I hit the road Tuesday....or Monday if'n we play Friday, I will be out of Texas Wednesday morn'n. The I-10 route has been dropped from all conversation.

Now, talk'n bout interstate travel. To get out of Texas, 413 mile, I'll be travel'n on state highways...77 an' 79. I don't usually use interstates unless I'm on a destination trip. You know, gotta be there tomorrow.....or I have no choice. One year I got on a back road state highway up in Louisiana so's I would stay off the interstate an' see stuff. At a reasonable speed of bout 50/55 mile a hour. Ha...all I see was freak'n John Deere farm tractors an' "nuttin". An' the roughest road ya ever see in yer life.  Now don't get me wrong, I love John Deere tractors. But them suckers only go down the road bout 20 mile a hour. Won't be travel'n that road no more.

As departure time nears, my blood pressure increases. My worry wart brain kicks in. My nerves are on edge. I get grumpy an' grouchy. Hitch itch turns into a freak'n headache. Maybe I should take me a nap. But wait, the "to do" list stares me in the face. Two more things that absolutely HAVE to be done. "Dang Billy Bob, do something".  




15 comments:

  1. Once you get behind the wheel and heading down the road a hundred miles per hour or so, you will start to feel like the old Billy Bob again. The, at destination, you WILL have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang Dizzy, you have some confidence in me don't ya? If I felt anything like the day I met you, what was it, bout 5 years ago....I would agree with your take on my trip. I don't feel like that no more. A great time with bout 20 grandkids? Holy cows!!!

      Delete
  2. I think we were on the same road in Louisiana heading west to hit Texas last time.. it was a doozy! Never again.... but we do like the backroads much more than interstates.. just not THAT back road! LOL

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If'n I'm think'n right Karen, it was Hwy 80 out of Shreveport and get'n back on I-20 just before Birmingham. That was a long nasty ride.

      Delete
  3. I start to freak out and get really anxious for about a week before I travel. I can't remember anything, can't concentrate on anything, and oughta just stay in bed for the week! You'll be fine once you hit the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....and I thought I was the only one that did that.

      As far as fine once I hit the road, I hope you are right.

      Delete
  4. OOooo, congratulations me! Was there a prize...lol. I am sure that in Atlanta they are just expecting you. I always worry I will forget something at home that I absolutely need. A nap sounds good. I just got up from a nap.

    The best way I relieve some worry is a good list, written in a spiral notebook that I won't misplace like a loose piece of paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha.....you should see all my spiral notebooks. I keep 'em too when they get filled up. It ain't the same as look'n at photos, but it's close.

      As a prize, I was think'n we could go out for a steak dinner an' then hit the bright lights for a evening of "git down" danc'n......Oh wait, strike that....I'm too freak'n old for that kind of activity.

      Delete
    2. LOL...I am NOT too old for dancing, just have a hard time walking, so dancing is out. I do still eat, but you are so far away that I suppose you will just have to describe it to me while I salivate.

      Those notebooks contain copious notes on what ATT reps said to me, their names, and times and dates. They must all be members of the Liar's Club.

      Delete
  5. well poop, not even close. Oh well, next time. I 'm not a blogger, but when I moved my 35 ft camper from yo moma rv resort to Cleveland ,Ga. MAN!!! not windy, no rain and no traffic . problem was big trucks, medium trucks & car. The suck and push as they passed. now I'm thinking go smaller. on the other hand pulling highways (suck) back roads (fine). So I keep...
    So , when are you leaving??? this Wednesday or next??? help me out here... ok love you later...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only trip besides my yearly trip to Terlingua used to be trips to Houston. It is a long drive and the traffic sucks but I am used to it.

    However, as soon as I entered my subdivision I would panic, start sweating, wanting to throw up and imagined driving into my street and seeing a car parked on my driveway and people stealing stuff! I guess I have never gotten over having my house being broken into even though it has been five years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is even worse would be to find someone had moved in. As a squatter, they would have more rights than you would. So, you would have to find a new place to live while they trashed your house and sold off everything, even your great-grandmother's things. The law would be on their side.

      Delete
  7. We love travelling so much can't wait to move on dow the road some where, have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you forget anything, I'm betting GA has stores that sell whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete