?

?

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Holy crap, give me a break

All a gonna hear today is bad news. "Who the hell turn my electric off"???

It all started yesterday morn'n when I got up not feel'n so hot. This is get'n to be a too frequent position to be in. An' there ain't a damn thing I can do bout it.

I had made me some plans for yesterday. Clean out from under the bed. Did ya make a bet? I ain't did a thing with that bed clean'n project. I sit in my chair most the day feel'n sorry for myself. So I took me a nap.

Hot damn, I can hardly wait....this was yesterday. Golf comes on in bout 3 minutes. Channel 46-1.....what ever that is. What the hell, there's people hit'n little yeller balls back an' forth....a tennis game. I don't watch tennis. I sit in my chair some more.

I cain't go outside 'cause it was rain'n out there. And the rains continue into the night. Thunder boom'n all over the place, lightning light'n up the sky. Right in my yard. Skeer the liv'n hell slap out me. Sadie Mae skeered too....lay'n right at my feet. There ain't nuttin on the TV, so's I just sit here in my chair.....think'n.

My hamburger meat has "that" smell. We will not be eat'n no hamburger tonight. By the way, HIL Harry did not fire up his grill. I'm hungry. "Eat ya up a cold hot dog Billy Bob". There's some little ants in my bread. I'm out of Spam an' my taters have eyes. At 10pm I cain't take it no longer, I got to eat "something". I got some breaded fish in the freezer. Fires up a pan an' toss me a chunk in there. My god, where all this smoke come from? That was supper.

Yesterday was not a good day at Billy Bob's house. Then for the start of a new day, I'm all bended over like that old crookit man. I make it to the coffee pot. Spill grounds all over the place again. I push the brew button. No lights come on. How comes I don't got no electricity for my coffee pot? I checks the breakers. None are tripped. The kitchen counter plugs are dead. I need my coffee.

I did me some check'n.......15 minutes.
If'n you remember bout a week back, I had to charge the battery in the "billy jeep". I left the charger sit'n out in the weather, along with a Walmart special wind up extension cord. It's plugged into the outside 115 volt receptacle, what is hook up to the "ground fault" receptacle in the bathroom. It rained. The ground fault tripped. What took out the kitchen receptacles an' my coffee pot receptacle.

So you see, Billy Bob ain't do'n too good today. Plus me an' my mind had us a little conversation last night. I got plumb tired of listen'n an' went to sleep, but my mind is still harp'n on the same subject early this morn'n. Don't he ever shut up???




 

13 comments:

  1. I hate to start the day with no coffee! Sure don't help my attitude none, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I surely know what you're talk'n bout Jim. But I got tohave mine not only every morn'n, but all day long. Caffeine....yum yum.

      Delete
  2. It's unlikely you'll have two of those days in a row, so hope today is a really good one for you. I couldn't start the day without my coffee, so I'd have been outside brewin' up a pot on my butane camping stove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far Gypsy, today is much better than yesterday.

      All I had to do was move the coffee pot to another plug. One that was "reddy killawatt".

      Delete
  3. I keep a backpacking stove and the plastic Melita one-cup cone and filters so I can make coffee without electricity. At any given time I'll have aleast a half dozen ways to make coffee so no matter what I can at least have that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grrrrrrrrrr Google. Had to reset just to comment.

      But anyhows, there ain't no way I would, or could, start a day without my coffee. I have a stove top coffee maker an' I got me some pots I can brew coffee in.

      Delete
  4. I make my coffee every morning in one of those Melita cone and filter. Why, cause I like my coffee extra, extra, extra, extra strong and my wife likes hers so she can see through it. We can't make our coffees in one pot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still question what is considered extra, extra, extra, extra strong. I asked you that one time but you never answered.
      I use 1/2 cup plus a smig'in grinds for 7 cups (42 oz.). It has some bite to it, but probly not like yours.

      Delete
    2. I put two spoonfuls of regular Folgers and 5 or 6 spoonfuls of Columbian in a 12 oz. cup. I use one of those funnel things to hold the filter. That is a regular cup for me and sometimes I want it stronger.

      Delete
    3. I don't use Folgers Columbian. It doesn't have the flavor that it should have.

      Delete
  5. Billy Bob,

    Dizzy-Dick still didn't tell ya what he considered extra, extra, extra, extra strong coffee. It is usually recommended that you use two level or one heaping tablespoon of grounds (an oz) for an 8 oz cup. So extra strong would might be twice as much grounds or 2 oz and extra, extra strong tree times or 3 oz. So it appears to me that DD makes his coffee extra, extra strong and sometimes (?) stronger.

    A half cup is 8 oz so that would make four 8 oz cups of coffee (32 oz) so that would be about one oz (two tablespoons) short for the 42 oz you are making unless the smig'in that you add is equal to two tablespoons. If you like it like that then keep making it that way.

    I think I have told you before that I like mine to be extra strong - 2 oz of grounds for an 8 oz cup. I think I'll go make me one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not drink coffee everyday only when I have to drive out of town or I need to stay awake because I got up too early.

    You would laugh if I told you how I drink mine...in a 20 oz mug I put one teaspoon of coffee. If I want it extra strong I use two teaspoons...ok, you can laugh now :)

    ReplyDelete